Food smoking woodchip suitability Chart
Sous Vide Australia offers food smoking woodchips in ten great flavours:
- Hickory – This traditional American food smoke wood gives the aroma of Christmas hams and bacon. Also ideal for smoking scotch whisky and bourbon cocktails.
- Mesquite – A traditional American food smoking wood that adds a robust smoke flavour to fish, meat and vegetables. Its subtle aromatics smoke give beef, venison and wild game that authentic Texan BBQ smokey flavour.
- Cherrywood – Adds a wonderful romance to a special meal, their subtle aromatics give unique fruity smoke flavour. Cherrywood is ideal for smoking pork, lamb, beef, poultry and vegetables giving them a delicious fruity aroma.
- Applewood – This fruit wood gives pleasant light smokiness to meats leaving a discernible fruity aroma and taste. Applewood is our most popular food smoking wood for the smoking gun and a good all rounder for the home cook.
- Maple – Provides a gentle sweet smokey flavour to meat and vegetable dishes. When used with the smoking gun, maple is a particularly delicious compliment to chicken or ham.
- Alder – Adds a delicate scent and rich depth of smoke flavour to fish, shellfish, poultry, pork, beef, lamb, game, sausages and vegetables. When used with the Breville|Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro, Alder is a great all round food smoke that enhances the natural flavours of meat, seafood and vegetables.
- Pecan – Adds a sweet smokey scent and nutty richness to fish, shellfish, poultry, pork, beef and lamb. When used with the Breville|Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro, pecan smoke enhances the natural flavours of meat and seafood.
- Australian hardwood messmate – Australian hardwood food smoke is the smell of traditional Australian country bacon. Butchers Australia-wide use messmate – known as “Australian oak” – as their food smoking wood of choice for chicken, bacon and Christmas hams. Fish smoking is where Australian hardwood really comes into its own.
- European beech – From the forests of Germany, this high quality food smoking wood gives a luscious smoke flavour to chicken, poultry and pork. Ideal for white meats, European beech has a refined scent and delicate campfire aromas.
- Redgum – Provides a classic Australian barbecue smokey flavour when used with the Breville|Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro. A true Australian flavour, redgum will go great with red meats, such as beef, lamb or pork.
Available in 50g or 1kg pouches. Product of Australia.