Food Smoking Woodchips
Food smoking woodchips by Sous Vide Australia are made especially for use in The PolyScience Smoking Gun™, Breville Smoking Gun, Breville|Commercial Smoking Gun Pro and the Unox Hyper Smoker and are entirely chemical-free. Ground to the perfect consistency for food smoking woodchips, they smoulder slowly and gently when ignited, so they last a long time.
And they’re great with barbecues too – sprinkle a few over the coals before or near the end of cooking to add a delicious smokey aroma to any food.
Food smoking woodchip suitability Chart
Sous Vide Australia offers food smoking woodchips in ten great flavours:
- Hickory – This traditional American food smoke wood gives the aroma of Christmas hams and bacon. Also ideal for smoking scotch whisky and bourbon cocktails.
- Mesquite – A traditional American food smoking wood that adds a robust smoke flavour to fish, meat and vegetables. Its subtle aromatics smoke give beef, venison and wild game that authentic Texan BBQ smokey flavour.
- Cherrywood – Adds a wonderful romance to a special meal, their subtle aromatics give unique fruity smoke flavour. Cherrywood is ideal for smoking pork, lamb, beef, poultry and vegetables giving them a delicious fruity aroma.
- Applewood – This fruit wood gives pleasant light smokiness to meats leaving a discernible fruity aroma and taste. Applewood is our most popular food smoking wood for the smoking gun and a good all rounder for the home cook.
- Maple – Provides a gentle sweet smokey flavour to meat and vegetable dishes. When used with the smoking gun, maple is a particularly delicious compliment to chicken or ham.
- Alder – Adds a delicate scent and rich depth of smoke flavour to fish, shellfish, poultry, pork, beef, lamb, game, sausages and vegetables. When used with the Breville|Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro, Alder is a great all round food smoke that enhances the natural flavours of meat, seafood and vegetables.
- Pecan – Adds a sweet smokey scent and nutty richness to fish, shellfish, poultry, pork, beef and lamb. When used with the Breville|Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro, pecan smoke enhances the natural flavours of meat and seafood.
- Australian hardwood messmate – Australian hardwood food smoke is the smell of traditional Australian country bacon. Butchers Australia-wide use messmate – known as “Australian oak” – as their food smoking wood of choice for chicken, bacon and Christmas hams. Fish smoking is where Australian hardwood really comes into its own.
- European beech – From the forests of Germany, this high quality food smoking wood gives a luscious smoke flavour to chicken, poultry and pork. Ideal for white meats, European beech has a refined scent and delicate campfire aromas.
- Redgum – Provides a classic Australian barbecue smokey flavour when used with the Breville|Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro. A true Australian flavour, redgum will go great with red meats, such as beef, lamb or pork.
Available in 50g or 1kg pouches. Product of Australia.
Suitable for The Polyscience Smoking Gun, Breville Smoking Gun, Breville|Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro, Unox Hyper Smoker, Muurikka electric smoker
Available in both 1kg bags and boxes of 10 x 50g pouches.
- Hickory – 50gm SVAWC001 & 1kg SVAWC101
- Maple – 50gm SVAWC002 & 1Kg SVAWC102
- Alder – 50gm SVAWC003 & 1Kg SVAWC103
- Pecan – 50gm SVAWC004 & 1Kg SVAWC104
- Cherrywood – 50gm SVAWC005 & 1Kg SVAWC105
- Mesquite – 50 gm SVAWC006 & 1Kg SVAWC106
- Applewood – 50gm SVAWC007 & 1Kg SVAWC107
- Australian hardwood messamate – 50gm SVAWC008 & 1Kg SVAWC108
- European beech – 50gm SVAWC009 & 1Kg SVAWC109
- Bourbon infused oak – 50gm SVAWC010 & 1Kg SVAWC110
- Redgum – 50gm SVAWC011 & 1Kg SVAWC111
Warranty & Service
- Bunzl Melbourne
- Cedar Hospitality
- Chef's Hat Australia
- Dura-wear Northcote
- Dura-wear Melbourne
- Sous Vide Chef
- Mansfield Hospitality Supplies
- Reward Hospitality Melbourne
- Caterworx Hospitality
- Reward Hospitality Geelong
- QCC Sydney
- Kitchen Kapers
- The Red Spoon Co.
- Johnson's Club Chef Est. 1912
- Bunzl Sydney
- Bunzl Tweed Heads
- Bunzl Ballina
- Bunzl Newcastle
- Troy Club & Restaurant Supplies
- Coffs Catering Equipment
- Reward Hospitality Sydney
- Reward Hospitality Dubbo
- Reward Hospitality Tamworth
- Reward Hospitality Newcastle
- Reward Hospitality Camperdown
- Vacpac Engineering
- Bunzl/Delta Hospitality Supplies
- QCC Brisbane
- Bunzl Brisbane
- Bunzl Cairns
- Bunzl Townsville
- Bunzl Mackay
- Port Douglas Hospitality Supplies
- Reward Hospitality Gold Coast
- Reward Hospitality Brisbane
- Reward Hospitality East Brisbane
- Reward Hospitality Airlie Beach
- Reward Hospitality Mackay
- Reward Hospitality Toowoomba
- Reward Hospitality Townsville
- Reward Hospitality Cairns
- Hospitality Superstore
- The A C & R Company Group
- Bunzl Canberra
- Bunzl Darwin
- Reward Hospitality Darwin
- Bunzl Catering SA
- Bunzl Adelaide
- Gaganis Bros
- Reward Hospitality Adelaide
- Stanlee WA
- KBR - Perth
- KBR - South West Perth
- Bunzl Perth
- Bunzl Perth Shop
- Reward Hospitality Perth
- Tasmanian Hotel - Hobart
- Tasmanian Hotel – Launceston
- Tasmanian Hotel – Devonport
- Medhurst Kitchen Equipment
- Bunzl Hobart
Please complete this form and one of our friendly team will contact you.