Sous vide cooking has become more popular in professional kitchens over the past few years. New cooking methods require new temperature testing techniques.
Thermocouple probes consist of two wires of dissimilar metals or metal alloys welded together. Thermocouples operate based on the thermoelectric (Seebeck) effect. There are various types of thermocouple, with type T being the most accurate for sous vide cooking.
This miniature, stainless steel needle probe is supplied with a one metre PTFE lead. The needle probe is ideal for delicate foods. Response time less than one second.
- fast response, reaches temperature in just three seconds
- delivers consistent results for Sous Vide cooking
- stainless steel needle probe is ideal for delicate foods
- needle probe is supplied with a one metre PTFE lead
- Probe temperature range: -60 to 250 °C.
- Sous Vide Australia thermometer kit contains:
- 1 Therma 1 thermometer
- 1 60 mm Sous Vide needle probe
- 1 120 mm Sous Vide needle probe
- 1 tub of 40 UniWipes
- 1 Sous Vide foam/tape – one metre
- 1 ABS carrying case